"For more than 70 years, we have been igniting global communities, especially women, to realize their best selves. The Global Links program is an extension of this much-needed effort," said Rick Goings, Tupperware Brands Executive Chairman, "In many parts of the world women are the most underutilized resource, and we are committed to engaging like-minded advocates to inspire the development of a new generation of female entrepreneurs in Brazil. Advancing women will fuel and uplift society as a whole."
- The inaugural Global Links Scholar was from Iraq and Dr. Mohammed Ali began in 2012:
- Alongside 25 passionate students, and through a partnership with Women for Women International, they successfully mentored 75 women in business skills at centers in Baghdad and Karbala.
- Established a career center at Babylon University.
- In 2014 the program expanded to India with Dr. Sharmistha Banerjee:
- Partnered with Bandhan Bank to successfully strengthen her home university's (University of Calcutta) community impact through the engagement of a few thousand students, faculty and staff.
- More than a dozen local women were able to advance their enterprises, creating more profitability and sustainability, as a direct result of the program's guidance and resources provided.
- The 2017 Scholar Dr. Rumpa Chakraborty is completing her final phase of the program:
- More than 500 students have received training.
- 30 students were selected to continue with the program as community Changemakers who were paired with local women entrepreneurs who have experienced business expansion and personal and professional empowerment, while becoming advocates for social and environmental issues.
Since the inauguration of the Global Links program, Rollins College has started the Business and Social Entrepreneurship (BSE) Department in the College of Professional Studies, which combines practical business knowledge, entrepreneurial skills, and understanding of current economic, political, cultural, and environmental issues.
"Rollins College is committed to providing quality education that is deep, transformative and engaging for each and every student. Programs like Global Links allows us to offer essential cross-cultural experiences that further develop our world's future leaders for global citizenship and responsible social advocacy. For the past 6 years, our entire Rollins community anxiously awaits the arrival of the selected scholar to showcase what we have to offer as an institution, learn from the scholar's exceptional knowledge and background, while creating meaningful connections and collaborative impact on communities abroad," said Grant Cornwell, President of Rollins College.
The new Global Links Scholar from Brazil will begin the program in February 2019. The application deadline is September 14, 2018.
The program will take place from February to July 2019. Full application details can be found at: https://www.tupperwarebrands.com/csr/global-links.
About Tupperware Brands Corporation
Tupperware Brands Corporation, through an independent sales force of 3.2 million, is the leading global marketer of innovative, premium products across multiple brands utilizing social selling. Product brands and categories include design-centric preparation, storage and serving solutions for the kitchen and home through the Tupperware brand and beauty and personal care products through the Avroy Shlain, Fuller Cosmetics, NaturCare, Nutrimetics and Nuvo brands.
About Rollins College Crummer Graduate School of Business
Just outside Orlando in Winter Park is the Rollins College Crummer Graduate School of Business, a graduate school distinguished by its renowned faculty, intimate class size and applied approach to learning. It touts top MBA rankings from Bloomberg Businessweek and Forbes magazines and is among a select group of business schools carrying AACSB International graduate-level accreditation, including the first accredited Executive Doctorate in Business Administration program in the state. The school also houses six Centers of Excellence: Leadership Development, Advanced Entrepreneurship, Career Resources, Management & Executive Education, the Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership and the Crummer Alumni Association. For more information, visit www.rollins.edu/business. Founded in 1885, Rollins College is Florida's oldest college. Located in Winter Park, near Orlando, Rollins is consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report. In addition to full-time undergraduate programs in the College of Liberal Arts, Rollins offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs for working adults through its evening program at the Hamilton Holt School and graduate business degree programs through its Crummer Graduate School of Business. Rollins serves approximately 3,200 degree-seeking students annually. For more information, visit www.rollins.edu.