Last Updated: January 1, 2023
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we treat it.
We will only process your personal information as described in this Policy unless we notify you otherwise or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
Types of data collected
- First and last name,
- Email address,
- Job or position title,
- Telephone number,
- Mailing address,
- IP address,
- Supplier account payment information, including transaction history and account number,
- Supplier diversity information,
- Supplier legal background information, and
- Usage data (collectively, “Personal Information”)
We may collect Personal Information about you from various sources including:
- From You or your Employer: We collect information that you or the company that you represent submit to us. For example, when you use the Platforms or interact with us in other ways, we will collect information you provide, including as part of providing the goods and/or services you provide as a supplier for the Company.
- From Your Devices: When you use our Platforms, we may collect information about the devices you use and how you use our Platforms. To learn more about how we automatically receive and record information when you interact with the Platforms, please see the Usage Data and Cookie sections below.
Purposes of Collecting Personal Information
- Monitoring for any prohibited or illegal activities on our platforms.
- Delivering requested email notices or alerts to you.
- Conducting research and analysis.
- Making payments for and purchasing goods and services.
- Managing our supplier relationships
- Conducting due diligence on our suppliers.
- Maintaining security of and optimizing our platforms.
- In some cases, we may also use your Personal Information for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, to safeguard vital interests, or to perform a task in the public interest.
- In response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law.
- To report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
- When we believe reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves.
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify personal information we collect and use it for any purpose. To the extent we deidentify any data originally based on personal information, we will maintain and use such data only in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the data.
Usage data is automatically collected when you use the Platform. Usage data may include information such as your device's Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of the Platforms that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique identifiers of your device, coarse location data, and other diagnostic data (“Usage Data”).
We may analyze Usage Data anonymously for statistical purposes so that we can determine how our Platforms are used. Based on these findings, we then optimize the Platforms. In addition, we use Usage Data to ensure the security of the Platforms. In the event of a system abuse, we may use Usage Data in cooperation with your internet service provider and / or local authorities to identify the originator of the abuse.
We may also collect information that your browser or device sends whenever you use the Platform.
If you access the Platforms via or through a mobile device, we may automatically collect certain information, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your unique mobile device identification, the IP address of your mobile device, mobile carrier, your mobile operating system, device settings, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of the Platforms on a mobile device may allow your mobile carrier or other access providers to view data that appears on the device as a result.
Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to limit your preferences with respect to third parties. We do not respond to DNT signals.
- Necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for the functioning of the Platform and cannot be deactivated on the Platform. Typically, these cookies are only set in response to actions you take to provide you with a service, such as logging in to the Platforms, setting your privacy preferences, signing up, or completing forms. They also enable us to manage any security problems on the Platform and comply with legal regulations. You can set your browser to block these cookies or to notify you about these cookies. However, some areas of the site may not work and you may not be able to log in to the Platform.
- Functional cookies
These cookies improve your experience when using the Platform, but they are non-essential to your use of the Platform. These cookies are non-essential to your use of the Platform, but without these cookies our ability to provide you with certain features and benefits of the Platform may be limited.
- Analytics cookies
These cookies allow us and our third-party service providers to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Platform when they are using it. This helps us improve how our Platforms works by, for example, ensuring that users can easily find what they need on our website.
- Advertising, tracking or targeting cookies
These cookies enable different advertising related functions. They may allow us to record information about your visit to our Platform, such as pages visited, links followed, and videos viewed so we can make our Platform and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- Third-party cookies
Options Regarding Your Information
Updates and Notifications
We may communicate with you through e-mail messages about your transactions on the Platform in association with the Company’s relationship with you as a Supplier and the goods and/or services you provide as a Supplier for the Company
We may send you service-related announcements on limited occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email to notify you.
We may communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account.
Options Regarding Your Information on the Platform(s)
In the event that you have an account with us on any Platform, you may at any time review or change the information in your account on the applicable Platform by:
- Logging into your account and submitting a change request form
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may:
- Login to your account and update the supplier contact information
- Login to your account and update your notification preferences
- Contact us using the contact information provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- With your consent. We may disclose your information if you ask or authorize us to do so.
If you do not agree or do not consent to the disclosure of your information in any manner described above, you should not use the Platform or interact with us.
Links to Third Party Sites
International Data Transfers
When transferring your Personal Information to third countries, we will take appropriate measures, in compliance with legal regulations, to protect your Personal Information. We take a variety of measures to ensure that your Personal Information transferred to these countries is adequately protected in accordance with this Policy.
Children Under 18
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
Deletion of your personal data
We will retain personal information for as long as it is needed to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected.
In the event that you have an account with us, access to your account on the Platform will automatically be terminated if your contract with the Company terminates or expires. Personal Information associated with your account will be deleted in accordance with applicable laws. The Company may however retain Personal Information for a longer period of time in accordance with applicable laws to enforce our legal rights or comply with our legal obligations. If Personal Information is not deleted because it is retained for legally permitted purposes, its processing will be restricted. This means that the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to data that must be kept for commercial, legal, or tax reasons.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use reasonable security measures, including but not limited to physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, to protect the confidentiality of Personal Information under our control and appropriately limit access to Personal Information, including https protection technology.
Although we have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, disclosure and alteration of the Personal Information that we obtain from you, we make no assurances to you or to any third party about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse arising out of any such loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration.
While we use the security measures described above along with others, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
If we become aware of a security breach involving your Personal Information, we may need to notify you electronically of such breach, in addition to posting information about the breach on our Company website.
This Policy is subject to change. We will post changes to this Policy here for you to review. If we change our information practices or this Policy in such a way that your Personal Information may be used in a manner not described in the Policy at the time you provided it, we will notify you by placing a prominent notice on the Platform(s) and/or by sending you an email at the email address we have on file for you.
How To Contact Us
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com. Please include your country of residence in your email.
© 2023 Tupperware. All rights reserved.